Process Charting (also known as Process Mapping) is one of the oldest, simplest and most valuable techniques for streamlining work. It is used in nearly every level of production.
At the base of each product lays a properly designed production process that includes plenty of stages which help to channel efforts in the right direction and don`t get side-tracked from the main goal. So no matter what kind of service or product you provide, you more than likely will have some kind of process diagram you are working off of.
Breakdown of the Breakdown
Since every process consists of actual tasks that must be completed the diagram usually gets divided into the main steps. For example, basic steps for companies and freelancers that create websites are:
Of course, there are a lot of intermediate stages such as researches, conclusion of a contract, creation of the main structure, discussions etc.
Nowadays, a great deal of websites dedicated to the business of the web have a special section with a graphical representation that visually depicts the sequence of steps in their process. Sometimes it’s only a simple chart or text which explains the stages of their work; other times it’s really a piece of art; where the user not only can get acquainted with the process, but can also be delighted and inspired by the beauty of the process diagrams.
Whatever form the process diagrams may take, they are definitely a must have. They’re required not only to improve productivity, but also to make your work more transparent and your company more trustful. It’s a kind of guarantee of control for the customer and, of course, an essential part of website design.
In this collection you will find some of the most inspiring and outstanding examples of process diagrams.
Sites That Get It Right
1. Deda – Web and Graphic Designer
3. 3 Sided Coin
4. Mark Jenner – Front-End Designer
5. Mihael Miklosic – Web Designer
6. Alan Horne – Web/UI Designer and Front-End Developer
8. Jean-Philippe Gams – French Designer and Developer
9. Ketch Studio
10. Camstech – Digital Agency Dubai
12. Danny Giebe – Designer and Front-End Developer
13. Jordesign – Designer
14. World of eStore
16. Submit Quickly
17. Nadine Roba – Designer
18. U Feed Me Back
19. Sebastianjt – Web Developer and UI Designer
21. Tugrul Altun – Designer and Developer
22. Raffaele Leone – Italian Web Designer
23. Eric Barse – Web Consultant
24. Sandra Wilcox – Graphic Designer
26. John Jacob – Designer and Developer
27. Rodolphe Celestin – French Web Designer
28. Reverend Danger
29. Jan Ploch – Web and Graphic Designer
31. Ryan Coughlin – Web Designer and Developer
33. FortySeven Media
34. Work by Simon
35. Rise Strategy
36. Pointless Corp
Nataly is an internet entrepreneur and an amateur web designer and developer from Sevastopol, Ukraine. She is running a blog for web designers and developers where you can find some inspirational and useful stuff. In her spare time she reads books, unveils the secrets of the world and plays volleyball. Visit her blog or follow her on twitter