Many of us have been using a good deal of jQuery plugins lately. Below I have provided a list of the 50 favorite plugins many developers use. Some of these you may have already seen, others might be new to you. This is just the first series , the second version will be coming soon, stay tuned and Enjoy!
2) jQuery Collapse -A plugin for jQuery to collapse content of div container.
3) A Navigation Menu– Unordered List with anchors and nested lists, also demonstrates how to add a second level list.
5) jQuery UI Tabs / Tabs 3 – Simple jQuery based tab-navigation
6) TabContainer Theme – JQuery style fade animation that runs as the user navigates between selected tabs.
7 ) jQuery Accordion
9) jQZoom– allows you to realize a small magnifier window close to the image or images on your web page easily.
10) Image/Photo Gallery Viewer– allows you to take a grouping of images and turn it into an flash-like image/photo gallery. It allows you to style it how ever you want and add as many images at you want.
11) InnerFade – It’s designed to fade you any element inside a container in and out.
12) Easing Plugin– A jQuery plugin from GSGD to give advanced easing options. Uses Robert Penners easing equations for the transitions
13) Highlight Fade
14) jQuery Cycle Plugin– have very intersting transition effects like image cross-fading and cycling.
15) Riding carousels with jQuery – is a jQuery plugin for controlling a list of items in horizontal or vertical order.
19) SimpleModal Demos – its goal is providing developers with a cross-browser overlay and container that will be populated with content provided to SimpleModal.
20) jQuery lightBox Plugin – simple, elegant, unobtrusive, no need extra markup and is used to overlay images on the current page through the power and flexibility of jQuery´s selector.
22) Validation – A fairly comprehensive set of form validation rules. The plugin also dynamically creates IDs and ties them to labels when they are missing.
23) Ajax Form Validation – Client side validation in a form using jQuery. The username will check with the server whether the chosen name is a) valid and b) available.
24) jQuery AlphaNumeric – Allows you to prevent your users from entering certain characters inside the form fields.
27) File Style Plugin for jQuery -File Style plugin enables you to use image as browse button. You can also style filename field as normal textfield using css.
32) Zebra Tables Demo -using jQuery to do zebra striping and row hovering, very NICE!!
33) Table Sorter Plugin – for turning a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table without page refreshes. It can successfully parse and sort many types of data including linked data in a cell.
34) AutoScroll for jQuery -allows for hotspot scrolling of web pages
35) Scrollable HTML table plugin– used to convert tables in ordinary HTML into scrollable ones. No additional coding is necessary.
Draggable Droppables And Selectables
36) Sortables – You won’t believe how easy this code to make it easy to sort several lists, mix and match the lists, and send the information to a database.
37) Draggables and droppables– A good example of using jQuery plugin iDrop to drag and drop tree view nodes.
40) JQuery Curvy Corners– A plugin for rounded corners with smooth, anti-aliased corners.
Must See jQuery Examples
41) jQuery Air – A passenger management interface for charter flights. A great Tutorial that you will enjoy.
42) HeatColor -allows you to assign colors to elements, based on a value derived from that element. The derived value is compared to a range of values, it can find the min and max values of the desired elements, or you can pass them in manually.
44) Date Picker -A flexible unobtrusive calendar component for jQuery.
45) ScrollTo -A plugin for jQuery to scroll to a certain object in the page
46) 3-Column Splitter Layout -this is a 3-column layout using nested splitters. The left and right columns are a semi-fixed width; the center column grows or shrinks. Page scroll bars have been removed since all the content is inside the splitter, and the splitter is anchored to the bottom of the window using an onresize event handler.
47) Pager jQuery -Neat little jQuery plugin for a a paginated effect.
50) JQuery BlockUI Plugin -lets you simulate synchronous behavior when using AJAX, without locking the browser. When activated, it will prevent user activity with the page (or part of the page) until it is deactivated. BlockUI adds elements to the DOM to give it both the appearance and behavior of blocking user interaction.
The jungle is alive: Be it a collaboration between two or more authors or an article by an author not contributing regularly. In these cases you find the Noupe Editorial Team as the ones who made it. Guest authors get their own little bio boxes below the article, so watch out for these.