Web designers compete to impress visitors with distinctive and appealing visual elements. Background images are one of those visual elements that when designed properly, can create an amazing atmosphere and convey the style the designer has chosen.
In this post you will see how web designers had carefully created background images to influence how the websites is visually distinct but considerate of their goals in engaging and facilitating the design elements and content.
We have hand-picked background image resources and tutorials one can use to create amazing background images for the next website design.
You might enjoy reading these posts:
Stunning Examples and Trends
Let’s take a look at some great website designs that are very well engaged to the background images
2) Jazz Clubs
Plain and Simple
8 ) Subdued
15) Time For Cake
16) Dale Harris
17) Kutz Town
20) Level Opacity
22) Swell Guys
23) Point Of E
26) Pangaea Festival
29) Juxt Interactive
32) David Hellmann
Where can you find background images?
Below you will find regularly updated online libraries and resources featuring hundreds of textures, patterns, brushes and images. They’ll come in handy when creating Photoshop brushes or your own background images.
- Free Hi-Res Splatter Photoshop Brushes
- Createsk8- Free Illustrator Patterns, Camouflage Patterns.
- PS Brushes- Great resource for Photoshop Brushes
- Urban Dirty- Texture stock photos
- Go Media Vector Packs
- DeviantART Brushes
- Brusheezy- Free Photoshop Brushes at Brusheezy
- Free Vector Graphics
- Texture Packs
- Free Photoshop Brushes
Further Resources for Background textures and patterns
- Where can I find textures and background images?
- Free Textures and Background Images
- 30+ Background & Stock Image Sites
How to Control element backgrounds with CSS
- Spruce up your search box- with CSS and a background image.
- CSS Sprites- What They Are, Why They’re Cool, and How To Use Them
- Using Percentages in Background-Image
- CSS background-image Tutorial- A tutorial about the CSS background-image property and other background related CSS properties.
- Controlling background images and colours- Learn how to use CSS properties to add background images and colour to your Web pages. Lots of neat tricks and examples are included!
- CSS Image Maps- How to create an image map that’s built entirely using CSS and XHTML
Creating Your Own Backgrounds Photoshop and Illustrator Tutorials
- Illustrating the Flower Pattern- This article will outline the main steps on how Nick La has made the flower pattern in Illustrator for WeDesignerWall.
- Magic lighting effect in photoshop- How to create a nice light and magic effect.
- Photoshop Space and Planet Tutorial- The techniques in this tutorial will show you how to create a nice image of space and planet.
- Vector Polishing Techniques- This tutorial includes 9 Photoshop techniques that will show you how to add more depth, color, contrast, and texture into your vector art.
- Creating Smoke- How to create smoke in photoshop.
- The Neverending (Background Image) Story- by Elliot Jay Stocks
- Beautiful lighting FX effect in Photoshop
Background images Generators
The jungle is alive: Be it a collaboration between two or more authors or an article by an author not contributing regularly. In these cases you find the Noupe Editorial Team as the ones who made it. Guest authors get their own little bio boxes below the article, so watch out for these.