47+ Excellent Ajax CSS Forms
Forms needs a solid visual structure, a profound hierarchy of form elements (Fields and Labels), powerful techniques and Functionality (AJAX) to make the form look and work creatively. There is a great bunch of creative, outstanding and individually designed from scratch forms.
Thanks to AJAX, we can provide real-time feedback to our users using server-side validation scripts and eliminate the need for redundant validation functions and processing data.
Let’s take a look, hopefully you’ll find new ideas you can develop further on your own.
You might be interested to check some of the designs that was mentioned in the posts below:
- 37+ Great Ajax, CSS Tab-Based Interfaces
- 21+ Fresh Ajax CSS Tables
1) Uni Form – an attempt to standardize form markup (xhtml) and css, "modularize" it, to get nice looking, well structured, highly customizable, semantic, accessible and usable forms.
2) CSS-Only, Table-less Forms – A great example of a well designed form using modern css techniques. It works in Win/IE6, Firefox v1.0+, Win/Opera v8.0, has minor layout differences in Mac/Safari v1.0.3 and Mac/Safari v1.2, and is usable but fairly buggered in Mac/IE5.2.
3) Tableless Forms – has a great login form example, with a graphic in the input field.
4) A form with style – How to style and stop web forms from looking ugly.
Styling Form Elements
5) Niceforms 1.0 – is a script that will replace the most commonly used form elements with custom designed ones. One of these improvements would be the possibility of selecting a radio or check box by clicking its adjacent label, it also highlights the labels of the selected boxes to make the selections even clearer and more…
6) Fancy Form – FancyForm is a powerful checkbox replacement script used to provide the ultimate flexibility in changing the appearance and function of HTML form elements. It’s easy to use and degrades gracefully on all older, non-supporting browsers.
7) Styling form controls with CSS, revisited – 224 screenshots showing the effects of various CSS rules applied to form controls. The screenshots are taken from 8 browsers on 4 operating systems, for a total of 14 different browser + OS combinations.
8 ) Showing Good Form – Demo of accessible complex, grid-style (i.e. table-like) form using semantic markup (fieldset, legend, label etc…) and CSS.
9) Styling the Button Element with Sliding Doors – A technique that demonstrates a cross-browser technique for button elements with sliding doors.
Form Usability and Accessibility
10) Prettier Accessible Forms – Nick Rigby takes a look at how to make better and accessible forms using CSS instead of old-school tables.
11) Check it, don’t select it – An attempt to use multiple checkboxes in a scrollable list – better than using ctrl-click in a normal multi-select listbox
12) Sensible Forms – Web Usability – Roger Hudson provides a stunningly clear tutorial on how a form that is well designed with good visual layout will benefit all sighted users
Ajax Forms Processing
14) AutoSuggest: An AJAX auto-complete text field – where it adds a popdown menu of suggested values to a text field. The user can either click directly on a suggestion to enter it into the field, or navigate the list using the up and down arrow keys, selecting a value using the tab key.
15) FancyUpload using Mootools – Swf meets Ajax for beautiful file uploads using Mootools.
16) jQuery Form Plugin – allows you to easily and unobtrusively upgrade HTML forms to use AJAX to gather information from the form element to determine how to manage the submit process which allows you to have full control over how the data is submitted.
17) Cforms – An AJAX Contact form plugin for WordPress, offering convenient deployment of multiple contact forms throughout your blog or even on the same page.
Awesome Form Validation
18 ) Really Easy Field validation with Prototype – Here’s a form validation script that is very easy to use.
20) Ajax form validation – Learn how to use AJAX in order to process and validate your forms.
Form Field Hints
23) Form Help without Popups – A nice technique for adding help info to forms without using pop-up windows.
Hide Form Fields
Great Tips for Creating Forms
25) Tips For Creating Great Web Forms – so truly important CSS tips for all form builders out there.
26) Simple Tricks for More Usable Forms – A number of simple tricks for improving the usability of forms, and hopefully inspire you to improve on them and create your own.
A Must See Examples
31) Pretty Forms
32) AJAX CAPTCHA
36) Instant Edit
39) Password strength meter for your register form – A small tutorial on how to build a password strength meter like the one on Google’s new account form.
41) Degradable Ajax Form Validation – Learn how to provide real-time feedback to the user using server-side validation scripts.
42) STYLING FILE INPUTS WITH CSS AND THE DOM – Shaun Inman shows us a guide to achieving consistent, stylish file upload inputs via clever use of js and css.
Online Form Builder
44) Wufoo Form Builder – Free HTML Form Builder – Create Forms, Surveys and Invitations and more…
45 ) Web Form Factory – is an open source web form generator which automatically generates the necessary backend code to tie your form to a database.
46) Jot Form – is a great Web based WYSIWYG form builder. You can select a form type(Contact Us, Satisfaction Survey, Job Application, Suggest Website , Membership Registration, Party RSVP , Wedding Attendance, Reservation, Submit Product, and others).
47) Form Assembly – A Beautiful Collection of CSS Stylesheets For Web Forms