What you do need, though, is the knowledge of how to best make use of the much-loved jQuery. With this Mighty Deal, there’s a lot of love to go around. This easy-to-follow eBook, jQuery Trickshots, by Martin Angelov, offers 100 advanced techniques for using jQuery.
And that’s our Deal of the Week. Instead of going to the movies, spend less than the money needed for cineastic delight and learn 100 jQuery techniques…
jQuery Trickshots Highlights:
- 100 Advanced Techniques
- Perfect for All Skill Levels
Whether you’re just starting out using jQuery or you’ve been using it for years, it doesn’t matter. This book works for all skill levels, offering neat tricks, awesome plugins, and various tips on using and abusing the incredible jQuery library.
- Easy to Follow
Despite the advanced nature of some of these jQuery tips and techniques, this book explains them all in an easy-to-follow manner. Learn how to completely level the playing field and easily work around browser differences through the simple use of jQuery.
- Variety of Topics
With 100 lessons, you’re sure to cover a lot of ground concerning jQuery. Specifically, here are a number of topics covered in the eBook:
- DOM Manipulation – Besides getting tips on chaining and organizing your code, you’ll learn how to use the power of the DOM to your best advantage.
- Total Performance – With some simple optimization tricks, you can learn how to squeeze everything to the last drop out of your site’s performance.
- Working with Events – There are a number of techniques available for working with events, and you’ll learn how to make your stellar code perform on touch devices, chain event handlers, and tons more.
- AJAX – From all sorts of helpful third party APIs to working with deferreds to scraping HTML content from Web pages, you’ll learn the true beauty of AJAX.
- Plugins – Get the lowdown on some of the best, most-useful plugins for today’s most popular Web apps, including real examples and live code.
- Multiple Formats
jQuery Trickshots is available in multiple formats, so you can enjoy them on your favorite device. This 124-page eBook comes in PDF, ePub and Mobi formats.
- Includes Examples
It’s one thing to read about a topic, but it’s an entirely different thing to get real live examples to truly dissect. Your purchase of this Mighty Deal includes a zip file with examples to let you try out and edit them yourself.
“jQuery Trickshots is 100 little ‘aha’ moments — some are simple, some are complex, all are useful. Martin’s writing is clear and to-the-point, and all of the examples are from real-world situations that jQuery developers encounter every day. Highly recommended.” – Brian O’Neill
“jQuery Trickshots is a fun collection of useful codes that will help improve the usability and performance of your website. Reviewing each one of the trickshots will expose you to all kinds of jQuery techniques to which you might not be aware. A must read for client-side developers.” – Jack Herrington
“Very useful book! I was surprised that so many things were possible with jQuery that I hadn’t heard about. Reading jQuery Trickshots was a fun learning experience. I highly recommend it.” – Nico Vignola
The eBook is provided in PDF, ePub (iBooks and other eReaders) and MOBI (Kindle) formats and includes 100 HTML5 & CSS3 examples that are ready to edit and try out in your browser.
jQuery Trickshots normally sells for 15 dollars. In our Deal of the Week you can grab its 100 jQuery techniques and its 124 pages for nearly half the price. If you got your 7.95 dollars at hand, click here and we’ll get you over to Mighty Deals in no time. Once there, make sure to click their BUY button. (Yes, it’s really that big…)
Dieter Petereit is a veteran of the web with over 25 years of experience in the world of IT. As soon as Netscape became available he started to do what already at that time was called web design and has carried on ever since. Two decades ago he started writing for several online publications, some well, some lesser known. You can meet him over on Google+.