Significant features and redesigns were added to WordPress 2.7 to make blogging more valuable than ever.
Many users found their themes no longer work the way they were used to, others just wanted to enjoy the new features the new version is providing. That’s why today we wanted to present only 15 Free Premium-like WordPress 2.7 Themes that are really impressive and was released recently to use all the new features the new version is providing.
Typebased is a free, personal blog design, with a very clean and elegant style. Along with the great design, you will find some nice goodies in the backend i.e. custom widgets with some Typebased-specific custom widgets to allow you full control of what happens in your sidebar, integrated banner ad management, 5 different colour schemes to choose from etc.
Absynthe is a beautiful, dark, and mysterious free professional WordPress theme released under the GNU General Public License.
- Integration with the Last.Fm Records plugin in the footer to showcase the music you’re currently listening to
- Integration with Twitter in the sidebar.
- Completely widgetized sidebar
Snapshot is the framework-equivalent of WooThemes Showcase – so that already guarantees you an awesome experience! Snapshot is also flexible and can be used for either a photo showcase, portfolio or design gallery.
- Two different theme layouts / capabilities to allow you to switch between a photoblog / portfolio showcasing your own work or using Snapshot as a design gallery
- Three uniquely, different colour schemes which can be tweaked from the backend
- An integrated theme options page (to change your logo or add your Google Analytics & Feedburner account details) and custom write panel.
Holiday WordPress is a flexible, professional theme with a two-column layout and a “featured” area for the latest story. Once the holiday is done – don’t fret – the design allows you to easily change the page elements (such as the background) for a less season-specific theme.
- A “featured” area that places your current stories at the top of the page.
- The content area let’s you slightly see the background, so you can experiment with different backgrounds to get the effect that you’d like.
- A widgetized sidebar for easy customization.
CryBook is a 3 Column simple theme based on Facebook. It contain 2 widget-ready sidebar, live theme swistcher and Custom Admin Panel.
- 5 colors scheme to choose.
- 2 widget-ready sidebar.
- Support threaded comments and comment paged.
- About Me section in the sidebar. Edit using the custom admin panel.
- Special comment fields with avatar.
- Google Adsense or any image banner in sidebar ( 300px X 250px ).
- Google Analytics easily insert field.
A bright & colorful free WordPress theme – ClearPress. The unique feature about this theme is that it divides the blog posts into three separate columns. So, if you have set your blog to show 9 posts on the home page, they will be divided into 3 columns consisting of 3 posts each.
- A pull-down sidebar which is totally unobtrusive and contains three widgetized sidebars.
- Gravatar-ready and Image Gallery ready
- Have beautifully styled comments and archive pages.
- The CSS for the theme is commented and easy to modify for any WordPress user.
Portfolio is a “minimalist” WordPress theme. The objective of the Theme is being used as a starting point to create portfolios using WordPress as CMS.
- Custom Write Panel function creating two new panels for the administrator, one for the posts and one for the pages.
- Using Coda Slider Effect with small changes to fit the theme.
- The code is commented with links to the WordPress Codex or tutorials
Maasahan is a premium quality free WordPress theme.
- Twitter Account Integration
- Built-in Page Navigation
- Featured Post Gallery
- Threaded Comments
- Option Page for Easy Customization
Pixeled WordPress theme features a standard 2-3 column layout with a pretty straightforward layout.
- Dropdown top menu for categories
- Customizable feedburner field on top right
- Widgets all around (6 positions)
- An Adsense ready WordPress theme
Viewport, a free WordPress theme is focused around a clean and simple, content based layout. The aim is to grab the user’s attention and draw them straight into the content. On the single post page the content is laid out clearly in full, with post controls and a widget-enabled sidebar. The theme also allows the blog owner to change the background image and color, and the image of the ‘Where Next?’ page.
The theme is simply beautiful. It possesses some unique, premium-like, features that makes it highly flexible.
- Built-in support for threaded comments
- 125×125 right sidebar banners. Now, you can also add Google AdSense code, individually, for each of your banners.
- An extensive and inclusive theme control panel
- Variable layout structure: Centered content or Right-aligned content;
FREEmium theme was designed by Paul Kadysz and developed by Dariusz Siedlecki. Both guys did an excellent job.
- jQuery menu
- FlickrRSS plugin support
- Threaded comments support
- A lot of advertising spots (125×125, 120×600, 300×250)
- 2 widget ready sidebars
13. Elegant Grunge
“Elegant Grunge” is an unwashed yet crisp WordPress theme inspired by wefunction.com
- Automatic surrounding of all images with a frame packed with eye-candy that makes images really pop out.
- A ‘photoblog’ tag page that displays entries in a photoblog style.
- A widget to display thumbnails from latest/random photoblog entries.
- Very configurable sidebar: Choose from no sidebar, a right sidebar, or two right sidebars
- The option to select a custom image as the header
A clean and simple magazine styled WordPress theme.
- Supports WordPress 2.7 Comment Threading
- Featured posts nicely styled and designed to catch the user’s eyes.
- Different ways of displaying posts on the home page.
- Plugins are not required and widgets are supported.
15. Versatility Lite
Versatility Lite is a two column, ad-ready, widgetized theme. The theme includes a ‘Featured Post’ section, drop down CSS menus, integrated related posts, social bookmarking buttons, and much more.
The jungle is alive: Be it a collaboration between two or more authors or an article by an author not contributing regularly. In these cases you find the Noupe Editorial Team as the ones who made it. Guest authors get their own little bio boxes below the article, so watch out for these.