Successful Freelancing for Web Designers: Buy our new eBook Now!
It's time for something completely different. We have not published our own books at Noupe yet, but we did publish a couple over there at Smashing Magazine. Recently, we launched an eBook series. The first eBook was about Professional Web Design. And now our second eBook, brand new, is dedicated to Rules and Guidelines For Successful Freelancing. The book contains 260 pages and contains some articles that have appeared here on Noupe. at amazon.com or via itunes Being a great Web designer or developer is one thing — running a successful freelance business another. Whether you already have work experience in companies or have just graduated from design school, being self-employed entails a number of tasks that you most likely haven't had to deal with so far. As a freelance Web designer, you also have to be a project manager, office administrator, accountant, controller and IT expert. The eBook is, like its predecessor, a summary, a "best of" compilation of articles about professional freelancing that have been published on Smashing Magazine and Noupe in 2009 and 2010. We re-arranged everything, corrected it carefully, added beautiful illustrations and — where necessary — updated the content. Many screenshots and links were removed to make the book easier to read and print. The eBook, in PDF format, is ideal for archiving, for arm chair or mobile reading and, of course, for printing. In addition to the 21 published articles, the eBook contains 2 exclusive newly written pieces, with 20 exclusive beautiful illustrations by Ricardo Gimenes.
- download a free book sample (in PDF).
- Successful Freelancing for Web Designers costs only around $5,-
- buy at amazon.com or via itunes
Table of ContentsIn the 260 pages, spread over four chapters, you will read:
- Essential Habits of an Effective Professional Freelancer
- Common Questions of Web Designers
- The Designer Who Delivers
- Critical Mistakes Freelancers Make
- The Importance of Customer Service
- Creatively Handling the Admin Side of Freelancing
- Pitching Like a Pro
- The Finances of Freelancing
- How to Identify and Deal With Different Types of Clients
- How to Improve Designer-Client Relationships
- How to Communicate with Developers Effectively
- How to Educate Your Clients on Web Development
- How to Explain to Clients That They Are Wrong
- How to Respond Effectively to Design Criticism
- How to Persuade Your Users, Boss or Clients
- How to Create the Perfect Client Questionnaire
- Getting Clients: Approaching the Company
- Converting Prospects into Clients
- Marketing Rules and Principles for Freelancers
- How Many Ideas Do You Show Your Clients?
- Freelance Contracts: Do’s And Don’ts
- What’s in a Price: Guidelines for Pricing Web Designs
- Quality-Price Ratio in Web Design
Wow what a great price! BOUGHT!!! I know this is going to be a great read :)
Definitely will buy now – too cheap to think about avoiding this book! Sounds like an era for e-books now :)
This book seems really helpful. The price is very affordable for such a great ebook. Thanks for creating it!
Such a nice and a very useful work. Thanks for the posting….
I hate that all use 1$=1€ but 1€=1,2$ !!!!!!!!!!!!
@andrea – ever heard of taxes? sad but true for us; they are a fact in the EU.
I’m having such a hard time dealing with clients lately, specially showing them that my service is worth what they are paying for. They want to pay nothing and get a lot of work done.
I think this book can help use a different way to talk to clients and educate them into my system.
Wonderful! i’ll buy it!
I will buy now !!!
Not sure if this would be a good book for designers. It is my opinion that designers like programmers are self taught.
the price is great :)
I think I will have on copy of the book
You might find these freelance design contracts and templates posted at Sessions College for Professional Design useful: