Recipe for Success: When to Post on Social Media [Infographic]
Bloggers like us want to be noticed. We want our posts to be read by as many people as possible. After we've written an article, we shoot it through all social media channels, hoping for feedback. But it's not always the way we'd like it to be. Have you ever thought about what the best time to post on social media is? The time where you'll reach the largest possible amount of people with your posts? You should do that. Today, blogging is not that easy anymore. There is way too much competition. Thus, it has become difficult to build an audience. Ten years ago, this was significantly easier. Growing a blog was done a lot faster. To offset the small disadvantage, that today you have to be perceived in a completely different way, there are a couple of tricks, however. One of them is to always feed your social media accounts at the right time.
The Best Times to Post on Social Media
The infographic is not from this year. However, as far as we know, people's behaviour has not changed. The content is still up to date. It deals with Facebook and Twitter, the two most popular networks.
The Best Times for Twitter
- The Best Time to Tweet (about anything) Around 5pm seems to be the best time for an important tweet. Around this time, a tweet receives the most attention, and thus, it also receives the most retweets.
- How Often You Should Tweet One to four tweets an hour have been proven to be the best solution. This strategy nets you the highest CTR (Click-Through-Rate). When you post more than that, less people will click your tweets.
- The Best Days to Tweet on In the middle of the week, as well as on the weekends is where you get the most clicks on your tweets.
- The Best Hourly Click Rate When your goal is to achieve the best possible click rate, try posting around lunchtime, and the early evening, when people are back home.
The Best Times for Facebook
- The Most-Shared Posts On Facebook, most posts are shared on Saturdays, as the majority of people is at home and available.
- The Most Shared Posts Per Hour The most posts are shared during lunchtime on weekdays.
- The Best Posting Frequency One posting every other day has shown to be ideal. Articles with this post frequency have the highest chances of getting likes and shares.