Step by Step Guide to Better Your Social Media Presence
Your customers have an active social media presence. This is really a fundamental reason to make social media an integrated part of your marketing strategy.
Leading a good social media marketing helps you to increase your brand awareness and loyalty, drive traffic to your website, build strong business-customer relationships as well, engage your customers.
Posting contents, updating images and videos, using social ads, creating polls: all these actions are included in any SMM strategy. However, each marketer and digital marketing agency has its own creative approach and marketing plan, which makes them different from competitors.
Having a strong social media presence demands knowledge of some essentials. Let us look at some important steps which can help you in building your SMM campaign.
1. Analyze your Competitors
- The main competitors on Social Media
- Their positioning and customer journey
- Customer Reviews
- Marketing tactics
- Your Results in comparison with them.
2. Optimize your Profiles
Social media profile optimization is another important step that you need to conduct. The main things that you need to do are:
- Fill detailed business information
- Choose images considering all the dimensions based on the profiles
- Have relevant links to your other Profiles
- Include contact information
- Pay attention to About US section.
3. Get to Know your Real Followers
Millions of people around the world follow business pages. However, how many of them are loyal customers?
These matters, since fake followers will never turn into customers. Use different tools (like IG Audit for Instagram) to find out the percentage of your real followers. Besides, checking and blocking your unwanted or suspicious followers will be your next step. Step number three includes active engagement with your active audience for better targeting them.
4. Publish Relevant and Informative Content
Quality content matters for both SEO and UX. Relevant content gains more shares on Social Media, no matter it is video content, a text or interactive content. There are many metrics that you need to take into consideration while building your strategy. Before it, following these steps will help you:
- Create a buyer persona for touching pain points
- Make a (social) keyword research
- Check your content performance
- Use Social Ads.
5. Schedule your Posting Time
Scheduling your posting time can bring a number of benefits(for getting a platform). These benefits (strategic thinking, consistency, etc.) can better help to build your marketing campaign.
Here is a step to step guide to schedule your Facebook posts to save money and get better results.
6. Include Call To Action
No matter in social media platforms or in your website, having Call to Action button is critically important. Including it in social media improves your brand recognition and increases the conversion rate. Making use of actionable language is your first step. Of course, it should grab attention, but it should be simple and focus the attention of your audience.
7. Connect your Website to your Social Media Profiles
There are two main benefits of connecting your website to Social Media.
Promoting your social media platforms on your website increases the number of your real followers. Promoting your website in social media increases website traffic.
Both are effective for your sales and conversions. The connecting process can be done in simple steps:
Step One: Link your social media profiles through WordPress Plugins
Step Two: Share your most engaging social content on the website
Step Three: Make everything interesting and shareable.
8. Engage with your Followers
Social media is the greatest marketing platform for engagement. Factors that have an influence on Social Media Engagement Include the number of likes, comments, shares, reviews, etc. For engaging more social media traffic, you need to:
- Create promotional content with visuals
- Share it the time your audience is active
- Create Polls, Surveys, as well be active in Question/Answer session
- Add interesting activities ( i.e. contests, giveaways, etc.).
- Make use of Relevant Hashtags.
Social media platforms have over 2.96 billion users. Trying to reach all of them is impossible and useless, so you need to clearly define your target market.
There are some important things that you need to research and find out for effectively planning your strategies. They include:
- Which are the best platforms for your business?
- Which are the working tactics of your competitors?
- Who are your potential customers?
- Which strategies will better suit your business needs?
Social media can also improve your SEO ranking. Driving more traffic to your search-optimized website, it improves both visibility and conversion rates.