Dynamically Switch Between Multiple CDNs to Improve Performance and Reliability
Imagine yourself surfing the web. You click on a link, wait for the page to load ... Still loading? You lose patience, quit that page and try another link. This slow load time is a death knell for a website, particularly since today’s users are impatient and expect to access content quickly, regardless of device or location. As developer, you need to make sure the content - particularly images and videos - loads as fast as possible, in the best possible quality, to increase the chances of engaging users. No matter where the users are located, delivering a fast, consistent web experience is critical to improving the user experience. Improving the performance of images can significantly improve the page load time but is complicated, as you have to:
- Minimize, or at least reduce, the number of bytes used to represent the content, and
- Improve the efficiency of delivery, measured by availability, latency, and throughput.
- Integration of multiple CDN solutions can be time-consuming
- Greater complexity of maintenance and administration
- Total cost of ownership (multiple vendor contracts)
- Operation overhead that can take the focus away from the core business