Getting Started with Sketch App: 30 Free Templates and Resources
Whether you are simply obsessed with building user interface designs or standalone widgets or if you love creating icons packs, prototyping website layout templates and constructing various mockups, chances are you have already heard about Sketch App. Being created by Bohemian Coding, this lightweight, yet powerful software for Mac OS X has since its inception been considered as a rival to bigger opponents such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Don't be too surprised about that. This app is directly targeted at designers solely. Consequently it only offers instruments and plugins needed by this specific target group. Put that way, it is not really smaller in features than the mentioned competitors, it is only much more focused with everything on board any web designer might need.
Sketch 3: a Short Rundown of The FeaturesSketch's list of features is quite impressive.
- Scalability of the designs. High precision thanks to quick and easy adaptation to various sizes;
- Complex shapes, handy operation with paths and layers;
- Perfect document organization with ability to run full searches on them;
- Convenient inspector that includes such essential options as blending modes, positioning, layer opacity, various dynamic properties and others;
- One-click export for those who don’t like to mess with lots of customization stuff;
- Repeating elements thanks to a reusable option;
- Boolean vector operations;
- Simplicity of the user interface.
- Text styles;
- Grids and guides;
- Multiple pages and artboards for the page;
- Snap to pixels and much more.