Use AI to Achieve Higher SEO Rankings
Self-driving cars, smartphone assistants, and Alexa usually come to mind when someone mentions artificial intelligence (AI). But there is more to this technology, especially when it comes to digital marketing. AI has raised the bar in search engine optimization (SEO), making a huge difference in ranking websites in search engine results pages (SERPs).
SEO AI entails optimizing a website to rank higher in SERPs using AI’s capabilities, which can automatically identify ranking, conversion, and content opportunities.
Let us talk about how to leverage AI to boost SEO rankings.
Choose a Trending Topic to Target for Ranking
Whether you have a small business website or a blog, knowing what your audience is looking for when they search Google gives you a better chance to rank. With an AI tool, you will not just know the trending topics, but you will also get the right keywords to rank for.
Digitalauthority.me reports that AI SEO helps with topic and keyword research. An example of an AI-powered SEO tool is the SEMrush SEO Writing Assistant Tool, which can help you with the topic generation, keyword research, content optimization, and monitoring campaigns.
AI also looks for competitive gaps in your industry so you can create content that targets your customers’ needs. For example, for a home security contractor business, AI analyzed existing content in the industry and determined it lacked content about the latest or 2023 home security trends. Creating content with this topic in mind helps you rank your pages on SERPs.
Create Unique Content
Aside from searching for trending topics, AI does wonders with content creation. Considering how long it takes to research keywords and topics, traditional content creation can be time-consuming. Add to that content optimization, which also takes time and effort.
AI can save marketers hours of research and optimization. AI’s ability to find the best topics and keywords for your business can help you create better content to target your customers and rank your pages higher in search results. And AI can do more for content creation. Here are some of them:
- Help with link building. AI can find high-value sites to link. It can also find other link-building opportunities, like bloggers, influencers, media sites, etc. Creating quality, highly-targeted content using AI tools boosts your SEO because good content attracts backlinks.
- Focus on user intent. An example of AI used in understanding search intent is Intent.ai. This is a machine learning software that analyzes streams of data from mobile operators. Data like subscriber profiles, including gender, age, interests, habits, credit scores, visited sites and downloaded apps, determine user intent.
- Make your content accessible. AI can help people who have difficulty accessing information. People with vision problems can depend on smart speakers like Alexa for the latest information. AI can also make documents more accessible to people with motor and visual impairments, like the CIB pdf brewer tool.
Optimize Website for Mobile-Friendliness
People use their smartphones more than ever to find information online. From shopping online to searching for directions, smartphones have become very handy in our daily lives.
This is why Google has adopted mobile-first indexing, which prioritizes a site's mobile content for crawling, indexing, and ranking. This means sites with mobile-friendly content and structure rank higher in search results.
AI has made mobile optimization much easier thanks to its advanced algorithms, which understand how people interact with and use your app. Also, AI collects data to learn more about your users so you can deliver the best experience. Here are more ways AI helps you create an optimized mobile site:
- Increase SEO with face recognition. This feature uses AI algorithms and machine learning to validate human faces. Face recognition helps with SEO as it can help with image tagging, alt text, image optimization, image search, and visual search. Image recognition improves user experience, which is a ranking factor.
- Improve mobile user experience. AI can help websites provide personalized content and recommendations. E-commerce sites use AI-driven technology to offer products that customers need based on their site behavior, personal data, and purchases. These create a positive mobile user experience.
- Provide real-time information. People use maps on their mobile devices while commuting or driving. AI can enhance these apps to provide real-time information based on data gathered from the web. Map apps can provide current traffic information, travel times, and business peak hours through AI.
- Offer reliable customer service. Another excellent example of an AI-powered tool is the chatbot. Businesses use chatbots to provide efficient and reliable customer service. Chatbots can also process orders and returns, check account statuses, and present offers. All these help improve user experience increasing your chance of ranking higher.
Enhance Voice Search
AI has improved how people retrieve information from mobile devices, smart speakers, and other smart devices. Speech AI is behind virtual assistants that help businesses improve customer interactions. This technology uses automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language processing (NLP) to understand and provide what users want.
Speech AI can speed up customer service and provide a seamless way to search for anything. These can help boost page experience, one of Google's ranking factors. Let us look at the ways speech AI helps improve SEO.
- Provides reliable customer service. Speech AI tools and apps are reliable and can respond to inquiries or calls 24/7. Marketers and managers can ensure customers are assisted beyond office hours, even during holidays. There is no complaint missed or sales overlooked with AI-assisted customer service.
- Offers real-time reports and insights. Speech AI provides real-time insights for customer-focused analyses like customer experience and sentiment analysis.
- Gives your business scalability. Industries have peak seasons, so there is a higher volume of orders and requests than usual. AI can instantly scale to accommodate more orders and inquiries.
- Promotes digital accessibility. Speech AI uses speech-to-text into text-to-speech to help those with hearing and visual impairments to access information through spoken audio or text.
Businesses can use AI to support site optimization and boost their SEO rankings. AI can help with topic research and content creation, mobile optimization, and voice search, promoting SEO. Investing in AI-powered SEO tools should be one of your priorities if you want to successfully hit your marketing goals this year.
Was this article written by AI? It shows. The language is sedate and no helpful tools or methods are actually offered, only vague, generic platitudes split into lists with a concluding summary that re-lists the lists. The recommendations sound plausible but on inspection don’t actually provide anything substantial. For instance, how can facial recognition help with website SEO? I hope search engines use AI more to filter out dross like this.